CCNA 3 Module 3 Exam Answers Version 3.1
1 Which Layer 4 protocol does EIGRP use to provide reliability for the transmission of routing information?
2 Which of the following statements describes the bounded updates used by EIGRP?
• Bounded updates are sent to all routers within an autonomous system.
• Partial updates are sent only to routers that need the information.
• The updates are sent to all routers in the routing table.
• Updates are bounded by the routers in the topology table.
3 What is the EIGRP term for a backup route?
• backup route
• default route
• feasible successor route
• secondary route
• successor route
4 Why would it be necessary to configure the bandwidth setting on an EIGRP interface rather than leaving it at the default setting? (Choose two.)
• A suboptimal route may be chosen as the best path to a destination if the bandwidth setting is higher than the actual bandwidth of the link.
• The network may be unable to converge if the bandwidth setting does not match the actual bandwidth of the link.
• Routing updates might arrive too fast for the interface to handle and be discarded because of buffer overflow.
• The configured bandwidth must match the actual speed of the link so the link will operate properly.
• Setting the bandwidth to a higher rate will optimize the effective throughput of the link.
5 If an EIGRP route goes down and a feasible successor is not found in the topology table, how does DUAL flag the route that has failed?
6 What tables does EIGRP maintain for each routed protocol it supports? (Choose three.)
• adjacency table
• topology table
• neighbor table
• routing table
• link state table
• ARP table
7 In which of the following tables does the EIGRP DUAL algorithm store the primary route to a destination? (Choose two.)
• shortest path
8 Which of the following are found in the EIGRP neighbor table? (Choose two.)
• routes installed by DUAL
• lowest calculated metric to each destination
• network layer address of the neighbor routers
• number of EIGRP packets waiting to be sent
• feasible distance to each neighbor
9 Which of the following router commands is recommended only for troubleshooting specific types of network problems, not for monitoring normal network operation?
• terminal monitor
10 Which EIGRP command is used to view all routes that are known by the router?
• show ip eigrp interfaces detail
• show ip eigrp traffic
• show ip eigrp neighbors
• show ip eigrp topology all-links
11 What is the default administrative distance of EIGRP internal routes?
12 What is the advantage of routers forming adjacencies when using EIGRP? (Choose three.)
• Neighbor routers can quickly take over for a router that is in passive mode.
• New routers and their routes can quickly be discovered by neighbor routers.
• A router can share routing loads with neighbor routers.
• A router can quickly discover when a neighbor router is no longer available.
• Changes in network topology can quickly be shared with neighbor routers.
• Neighbor routers can save overhead by sharing their DUAL databases.
13 Which of the following types of routes will be denoted by EX in EIGRP routing table entries? (Choose two.)
• routes learned from other routing protocols
• routes learned from any non-adjacent EIGRP routers
• any route with a hop count metric higher than 224
• EIGRP routes that originate in different autonomous systems
• all passive routes in the routing table
14 Which command will help identify established OSPF neighbor adjacencies?
• router# show ospf neighbor
• router# debug neighbor events
• router# debug ip ospf neighbor
• router# show ip ospf neighbor
15 Which command will display only the current EIGRP routing table entries?
• Router# show ip route
• Router# show ip route eigrp
• Router# show eigrp route
• Router# show eigrp protocol
Host 192.168.1.66 in the network illustrated is unable to ping host 192.168.1.130. How must EIGRP be configured to enable connectivity between the two hosts? (Choose two.)
• R1(config-router)# network 192.168.1.128
• R1(config-router)# auto-summary
• R1(config-router)# no auto-summary
• R2(config-router)# no auto-summary
• R2(config-router)# auto-summary
• R2(config-router)# network 192.168.1.64
17 What information is maintained in the EIGRP topology database for a destination route? (Choose three.)
• the routing protocol
• the feasible distance of the route
• the highest cost of the route
• the SRTT value for the route
• the route cost as advertised by the neighboring router
• the physical address of the gateway interface